Heart and Vascular Care’s Imaging Services provides a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art imaging technologies and services to help physicians diagnose and treat disease and illness.
At Heart and Vascular Care, specially trained cardiologists and certified cardiovascular technologists offer a full spectrum of non-invasive diagnostic testing for any heart and vascular need. Using advanced imaging technologies, we provide detailed pictures of your heart, monitor heart function, and evaluate how well your veins and arteries are working. Our cardiovascular diagnostic imaging services include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) test: Through abdominal ultrasound or AAA tests will determine any weakness in your aorta due to atherosclerosis or plaque buildup.
- Cardiac computed tomography (CT) scan: Our new 128 slice CT scanner helps our doctors detect blockages, plaque and other issues that may be present in your heart and coronary arteries.
- Carotid artery ultrasound: Painless and safe, a carotid ultrasound checks the blood flow in your carotid arteries to identify narrowing or blockages that affect your blood flow.
- Echocardiogram: Through ultrasound technology, your doctor can take moving pictures of your heart to determine any issues with its size, shape, and structure.
- Nuclear Stress Testing: These scans show doctors how well your heart is functioning and allows them to diagnose coronary artery disease (CAD) or identify damage due to a heart attack.
- Stress echocardiogram: This type of stress test allows your doctor to monitor your blood pressure and heart rhythm while you exercise to determine if your heart muscles are getting enough blood and oxygen.
Proactive Approach to Heart and Vascular Wellness
At Heart and Vascular Care, we know early detection is the answer to life-long heart and vascular wellness. Our physicians use our full diagnostic medical imaging capabilities to diagnose both routine and complex heart and vascular conditions. We also offer extensive screening tests to assess your risk of cardiovascular diseases. Our screening tests include:
- Coronary artery calcium CT (calcium scoring) to estimate your risk of heart disease
- Exercise stress tests to determine how well your heart responds during exercise while your heart rate is monitored via an electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Lipid panel blood tests to determine your cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD) ultrasounds to identify the presence of plaque in your limbs
At Heart and Vascular Care our care team will help you learn how to manage your heart health and develop a plan that increases your quality of life.